The Portal de Valldigna was a gateway to the Moorish quarter of Valencia, which opened in the old Muslim wall, in 1400.

Muslims who had remained after the conquest of Valencia outside the walls of the wall that they had built were established. Then in 1356, another wall (Christian) which included Morería in the precincts of the city was built. the old Muslim wall was not demolished, thus counting the city with two defensive fences. Little by little he fell down, although in the eighteenth century there were still numerous remains of the Muslim wall.

This bullring was built, from 1850 to 1860, by Sebastián Monleón Estellés and has an outer diameter of 108 m. Hotel is built in brick and wood, but also no shortage of cast iron columns (box seats area). It has a capacity of nearly 20,000 spectators. In 1967 some reforms, including a reduction in the diameter of the ring were made. In 1983 it was declared a Historic Artistic Monument.

The new monastery and the new church of the Order of Montesa were built during the years 1761-1770 by order of Carlos III, after the earthquake that destroyed the castle of Montesa and tear down the old medieval buildings that had belonged in his day to order of the Temple, located in this square. His style is neoclassical.

After the War of Independence was abandoned monastery, being used later by various administrations. It is currently the headquarters of the Government Delegation.

In this square are the gardens of Parcent. The square occupies the space where the Parcent Palace used to be, of which we see in the image the old doorway, which now serves as an entrance to the gardens.

The garden has four circular fountains, one in each corner, with female sculptures.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm