Child sculpture fountain was stolen during the Civil War and replaced by another in the decade of the 40s of the twentieth century.

This place was called before Calatrava, because in it the church of the Knights of the Order of Calatrava he was. This church was demolished in the early nineteenth century.

In this square is the palace (former monastery) and the church called the Temple.

Although the land on which they settle belonged since the early fourteenth century, the Order of Montesa, still retained the name of the Temple. Indeed, in 1317 the Order of Montesa inherited the monastery and church, being dissolved the Order of the Temple.

This long street is actually a piece of the famous Roman Via Augusta. By 1850 the street was extended from 10 m. width to 14 m. They disappeared medieval buildings and filled with nineteenth-century buildings, which have reached us in this stretch from Queen Square to City Hall.

In 1882 a store tissue located in this street called Casa Conejos, was the first to have electric lighting throughout Valencia. In 1886 electric lighting was already installed throughout the city, but for the streets were still using gas lamps.

The south cloister (pictured) and the church, built in 1623-1644, are the most valuable architectural pieces.

To see the monastery there are two guided tours for small groups and individual visits. They can be performed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, at 12. and at 13h.

The new monastery and the new church of the Order of Montesa were built during the years 1761-1770 by order of Carlos III, after the earthquake that destroyed the castle of Montesa and tear down the old medieval buildings that had belonged in his day to order of the Temple, located in this square. His style is neoclassical.

After the War of Independence was abandoned monastery, being used later by various administrations. It is currently the headquarters of the Government Delegation.

Valencia’s current metro network is the legacy of Valencia’s old narrow-gauge suburban railway network, popularly known as the Trenet de Valencia, which linked the capital with some nearby towns.

With the inauguration of underground lines 1 and 2 in October 1988, Valencia became the third Spanish city to launch a metro service.

The street is located where once the old Jewish quarter or call Valencia, near the house where he had the Valencian philosopher Luis Vives. The building on the right is the Palace of the Dukes of Cardona, originally from the XVIII century, ancient Rome hotel now become the hotel Sh English.

A street gives the main facade of the palace of the Marquis de Dos Aguas.

This square is dedicated poet and Conservative MP nineteenth century, Teodoro Llorente, who lived in the building you see in the picture opposite.

The statue is dedicated to the painter Ribera. This sculpture suffered several moves to settle at this place.

Here also was Ali bufat tower, torn down in 1865. He was famous because here the Muslims hoisted the banner of James I in signal surrender Balansiya, Muslim Valencia.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm