The palace was destroyed by the defenders of Valencia, before the attack of the French troops, in the early nineteenth century. It was not to occupy Marshal Suchet and from there attacked the city of Valencia.

The two small mountains there next to the gate of the street Elío General, are formed by the rubble of the former Royal Palace.

The origin of this neighborhood was a group of farmhouses of the Muslim era.

The old core of Campanar consists of the church square and adjacent streets. It was independent municipality from 1836 until its annexation to Valencia in 1897. It is currently surrounded by expressways and tall buildings.

The church is 1507, being renovated in the Baroque. Its bell tower is already the eighteenth century.

This square of the Church of the Pious Schools, built during the years 1767-1773. Its interior is based on the Pantheon in Rome, highlighting its dome of 40 m. high. The church was declared Artistic Historical Monument in 1982. Its facade was restored during the years 1995-1999 with the Piarist College, where he studied Blasco Ibanez, and is next.

© 2020 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm