The square is dedicated to Queen Maria de las Mercedes, wife of Alfonso XII. During the Republic Square was called the Region.

In this square was installed in 1930, the first light of Valencia. What manually triggering an urban guard.

This convent has a great historical importance, since it was founded in 1444 by Maria de Castilla, which was Alfonso the Magnanimous consort and regent during his absence long in Naples. Maria would be buried in the cloister of the monastery.

In the construction of the monastery involved teachers and Francesc Martí Francesc Baldomar Biulaygua. The cover of the church, which is accessed by a courtyard, is the work of Pere Compte and has a ceramic Florentine tondo attributed to Lucca della Robbia. The interior of the church was renovated in the seventeenth century, in the Baroque style.

The section VII has about 68,800 m. squares. In 1997 works were carried out to install a central collector and, once finished, the center became a bike lane. In this stretch outdoor sculptures shown.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm