This building was designed by Luis Ferreres Soler as a municipal slaughterhouse in 1895. It was built due to the hygienic measures adopted in those years, which prohibited unhealthy activities within the city (the site was then on the outskirts of the city).

The main facade of the old slaughterhouse was disfigured around the year 1940, in order to allow the access of trucks of greater tonnage.

Currently the building has become a sports-cultural complex dependent on the City Council.

contentmap_plugin