The construction of the Lonja de Valencia responds to the commercial and maritime boom of the city during the 15th century. The works began in 1483 by Pere Compte and Joan Ibarra; and they end in 1548, when the Consulate of the Sea is finished.

La Lonja de Valencia is one of the best examples of civil Gothic in the Crown of Aragon. To the right of the tower is the Contracting Room, while to its left is the Consulate of the Sea, a work already Renaissance.

contentmap_plugin