The church of this monastery is already the seventeenth century and has a magnificent facade-altarpiece.

The monastery suffered damage during the Napoleonic invasion, when he became artillery barracks. After it was bought by an owner who wanted to demolish in 1843; in the end the government came to the rescue of the building.

After the seizure passed the State, since 1859, he used it as a prison. In 1966 storage becomes the City and County. The former monastery is home to the Library of Valencia since 2000.

contentmap_plugin