The Mercado de Colón was inaugurated in 1916. Being empty and in a state of ruin, its restoration was undertaken in 1997.

In 2003 it was inaugurated again. It was given a new use by turning it into a commercial and leisure center. His rehabilitation won the Europa Nostra award. In 2007 it was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.

This building is a 1908 work by the architect Vicente Ferrer Pérez who, together with Demetrio Ribes, is one of the best representatives of the influence of Viennese modernism (Viennese Secession) in Valencia. This current came to Valencia through a congress of architects held in Madrid in 1904, attended by the Viennese architect Otto Wagner. We must also highlight the influence of various publications on the Secession, which arrived in Valencia around 1900.

The building stands out for its innovative interior layout and its geometric lines with touches of ceramic decoration. It is influenced by Behrens, D’Aronco and Hoffmann. It is at the crossroads of Cirilo Amorós and Pizarro streets. It was restored in 2012.

The of the photo you can see the Chapa buildings (1909), made by three different architects, but who maintained the compositional unity of the façade. No. 65 of the Gran Vía Marqués del Túria conserves the original decoration inside.

This square was called, from 1936 to 1939, Plaza de la Generalitat de Catalunya.

The fountain in the middle of the square is a monument to the Marquis of Campo and was made by Mariano Benlliure.

© 2022 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm