This was the church of the ancient village of Ruzafa. The church was built on the site of the old medieval church and was renovated in 1676 by Juan Bautista Pérez Castiel, who gave it its current appearance. The bell tower is already the eighteenth century. Burned in 1936, it was rebuilt from 1939. In the years 1940-1949 the chapel was built the Communion.

Ruzafa neighborhood was very degraded few years ago, but now has become a cultural and entertainment reference for Valencia. It is a neighborhood where many painters have been established and are in it several art galleries. there are also several cafés-bookstores as Slaughterhouse, Red Harvest and Ubik and wineries, restaurants and pubs.

In this avenue, planted with palm trees along its entire length, it is the Collegiate Church of St. Bartholomew (1962), which highlights the ceramic mural by the artist Andrés Cillero, which was considered too modern in its time and was controversial. This church was formerly in the Barrio del Carmen, where only the tower remains.

© 2020 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm