The origin of this palace dates back to the 14th-15th centuries, but its current configuration corresponds to the interventions carried out since the 18th century. In 1740, Hipólito Rovira carried out a profound intervention on the building, in which Ignacio Vergara and Luis Domingo also participated.

During the 19th century it underwent an important reform where the facades were covered with imitation marble stucco, balustrades, imposts, etc. were added. All this harmonizing with the alabaster cover.

Declared a historical-artistic monument in 1941, in 1949 the State bought it to house the ceramic collection of Manuel González Martí. The museum opens in 1954.

Between the 60s and 70s of the 20th century there was a mimetic expansion of the palace, but between 1991 and 1998 there was a comprehensive reform that sought to recover the 19th century palace.