Apparently the name of this street that it derives from small boats, which were then transported in trucks to the sea were made. The street was near the old fishing district.

This street was also called the Vall Cobert (Moat Covered) because here ran the moat and the Muslim wall.

The origins of this theater are in 1770, when the City acquired the drawings of a theater of Italian style. For various problems did not begin until 1808 and opened in 1832 without being completed. In 1845 inside it is remodeled by Sebastián Monleón and Jose Perez. The facade, 1854, the Jose Zacarias Camaña performed. It's lobby was remodeled in 1946.

This long street is actually a piece of the famous Roman Via Augusta. By 1850 the street was extended from 10 m. width to 14 m. They disappeared medieval buildings and filled with nineteenth-century buildings, which have reached us in this stretch from Queen Square to City Hall.

In 1882 a store tissue located in this street called Casa Conejos, was the first to have electric lighting throughout Valencia. In 1886 electric lighting was already installed throughout the city, but for the streets were still using gas lamps.

In the 30s of the twentieth century, the nineteenth-century buildings on the street began to be replaced by others of Rationalist and Art Deco style. This occurred in the stretch of the Maria Cristina Avenue to the Plaza de San Agustin.

In 1844 he was one of the first to be lit by gas lamps and in it the first cinemas (Romea, Turia, etc.) were also established. Olympia, now a theater, cinema was built in the grounds of the convent of San Gregorio, demolished in 1911.

The street is located where once the old Jewish quarter or call Valencia, near the house where he had the Valencian philosopher Luis Vives. The building on the right is the Palace of the Dukes of Cardona, originally from the XVIII century, ancient Rome hotel now become the hotel Sh English.

A street gives the main facade of the palace of the Marquis de Dos Aguas.

The monumental cover of the eighteenth century, was made by Ignacio Vergara following drawings Hipólito Rovira. Top presides cover the Virgen del Rosario, work of Francisco Molinelli, and below highlight the two Atlanteans pouring water on either side of the cover, a clear allusion to the Marquis de Dos Aguas. It is an ornate rococo cover. At this time the entire facade of the palace was covered with frescoes by Hipólito Rovira.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm