Azucat (dead end), there is to the left of the photograph, was formed in Islamic period. After the conquest of Valencia, in the azucat, the medieval chapel of San Gil was built and so this square was formerly called Piazza San Gil. In this azucat also he lived the painter Ignacio Pinazo.

In the square stands the headquarters of Caritas.

In this square is the palace of the Royal Cavalry of Valencia (S. XVIII), is the building on the left. The Royal Cavalry was founded by Ferdinand VI in 1754, in order to form regiments riders. The palace was renovated mid-nineteenth century giving it a neoclassical look.

The building on the right is the Palace of the Catalá of Valeriola (S. XV). In the eighteenth century acquired in reform, its current appearance. It has hosted the Academy of the Nocturnes, who was a literary circle that met at night, and also the Economic Society of Friends of the Country. Today it is a branch of the Department of Industry.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
51 000-0000
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm