This church was started in the seventeenth century on the site of an ancient mosque, but the present building is the work of the seventeenth century and eighteenth century bell tower. The slight inclination of the bell is a consequence of the earthquake on March 5th of 1822. In the early twentieth century, its exterior was renovated. The interior has an original seventeenth-century altarpiece.

The Palace of the Inquisition was located in this square, also bordering the street Samaniego and the Navellos.