Although work began in 1422, it is from 1481 when major extensions of this palace are made, run by Francesc Martinez Biulaigua, Joan Guiverro and Pere Compte; they raised the central body of the present palace. From 1518 Joan and Joan Corbera Montano recayente build the tower to the Plaza de la Virgen; while the tower lies the Plaza de Manises is modern, and the twentieth century and built in imitation of the above.

Nova Hall has a coffered ceiling and a wooden gallery built between 1540 and 1566. The coffered ceiling is based on that found in the Throne Room of the Aljafería of Zaragoza.

The mural painting depicting a session of deputies of the Generalitat of Valencia Regne was made by Juan de Sariñena. After the walls intervene in other painters led by Sariñena.

Benicarló palace, left, is the current headquarters of the Valencian Parliament. The works were started in the fifteenth century by Francesc Martinez Biulaigua, who died soon. He was succeeded by several teachers, including Pere Compte, who performed the steps of the inner courtyard.

This palace was the residence of the Borja in Valencia, but in 1870 became property of the Count of Benicarló. During the Civil War it hosted the Republican Government and after the Civil War was the official residence of Franco during his visits to Valencia. From 1973 it hosted the National Movement and in 1982 hosted the first Valencian autonomous government.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm