The pattern of the nacelles is located under the arch that links the Archbishop's palace with the Cathedral of Valencia. It consists of a rectangular engraving with two triangular wedges at the sides. Carpenters came here to see if the barchillas (or barchellas), who built to measure the grain, conform to the official standard. A Barchilla amounted to four bushels.

This square was opened in 1878 tearing down several blocks of buildings. At first it was much smaller and had a triangular shape. The square took its present aspect in the reform of 1970, when an underground car park was built.

The building is in the background on the left, next to the tower of St. Martin, is the Sánchez Casa de León (1896), which along with the old warehouses Island of Cuba (1895), located in front and not seen in the photo, they form an ideal home for street San Vicente frame. Both buildings were built by architect Lucas Garcia Cardona.

The square is dedicated to Queen Maria de las Mercedes, wife of Alfonso XII. During the Republic Square was called the Region.

In this square was installed in 1930, the first light of Valencia. What manually triggering an urban guard.

This entrance of the Cathedral of Valencia was initiated by the German artist Konrad Rudolf early eighteenth century. It was attended by the sculptors Francisco Vergara and Ignacio.

It is narrow because it was the end of a street of Zaragoza; so named because their lands were given to the Aragoneses who participated in the conquest of Valencia. To demolish the blocks to form the Plaza de la Reina, the cover lost all its dramatic effect, so characteristic of the Baroque.

This square refers to a miracle of San Vicente Ferrer and before was a street. The square was opened with the demolition of houses in the late twentieth century.

It is said that St. Vincent Ferrer while preaching in the Market Square took out a handkerchief and said that where the handkerchief would fall needy people, threw the handkerchief into the air and fell into a house in this place.

This square took this name by the naked child of the source, its dark color, being made of cast iron sculpture. The source of the Negrito, 1850, was the first public drinking fountain installed in Valencia.

In the installation of drinking water in Valencia, it is noteworthy to Canon Mariano Liñán, Professor of History and Arab Language at the University of Valencia, who died in 1844. Linan bequeathed part of his property (55,000 hard) for this purpose .

Child sculpture fountain was stolen during the Civil War and replaced by another in the decade of the 40s of the twentieth century.

This place was called before Calatrava, because in it the church of the Knights of the Order of Calatrava he was. This church was demolished in the early nineteenth century.

© 2021 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm