This church was part of a Dominican convent. In 1835, for the confiscation, religious are expelled from the convent. From 1843 it became a military hospital and barracks. In 1964 it is demolished much of the convent, leaving only the church and a small part of the monastery.

Inside the church stand Socket tiles chapels, the eighteenth century. The bell tower is already in the early twentieth century.

This street is named for the ancient settlements of butchers who was in it, but today there are none.

Formerly, as stated in a tile, it was called Coixo Portal (Portal del Cojo). The name was because the street was a gate in the wall whose guardian was lame.

The building on the left, No. 12 Street, is a good example of home-workshop Sedera eighteenth century.

The neighborhood is also called Velluters, who were the workers who concocted the silk thread. In principle it applied only to those who concocted velvet (vellut), but then applied to those who worked all kinds of silk.

This square of the Church of the Pious Schools, built during the years 1767-1773. Its interior is based on the Pantheon in Rome, highlighting its dome of 40 m. high. The church was declared Artistic Historical Monument in 1982. Its facade was restored during the years 1995-1999 with the Piarist College, where he studied Blasco Ibanez, and is next.

This building, the Guild of Mercers, dates from the fifteenth century. It was restored in the XVI, XVII and, especially, in the eighteenth century. In 1981 he was declared a historic-artistic monument.
 
The guild dels Velluters (velvets) was created in the fifteenth century, in 1474, due to the importance that the silk had acquired in Valencia. In 1686 Charles II granted the title "College of artists" to this union, and renamed Colegio Mayor Art Silk.

Inside, in the Hall, there is tile flooring eighteenth century. The ceiling painting by José Vergara.
At the foot of the chapel is a Gothic spiral staircase, it would be one of the few elements that would be the old building.

The building has been restored again in the XXI century, leaving the configuration that was in the eighteenth century. Starting on June 18, 2016 is installed here the Silk Museum.

© 2020 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm