In this image you can see the facilities of the Santo Domingo convent, which keeps the best Gothic in the city of Valencia, with a 14th century cloister and the Chapter Hall. Because they are currently military installations, access is difficult. From the end of the 16th century it is the facade-altarpiece of the church that overlooks the square. The bell tower is from the 17th century.

The convent building, on the right, dates from the late 18th century and is currently the headquarters of the General Captaincy of the III Military Region.

This room, long called "the palm room", has four tall and thin columns. It is accessed through a pointed portal flanked by two pointed windows that overlook the cloister. It has 12 meters on each side and the light from the outside enters it through five elongated windows. The complex is surrounded by a stone bench that was rebuilt in the 1950s.

In it the old religious community met to make decisions or acts of special relevance such as the making of habits.

In the tomb attached to the wall lie the remains of the II and III lords of Bétera (Ramón Boil, father and son). The first (Ramón Boil Dies) was called "The Old Governor".

This square was opened in 1970, when the palace of the Counts of Faura was demolished. The palace was in the Gothic style. In it was the Rastro de Valencia from 1960 to 1994, when it was moved next to the Mestalla football field due to the restoration of the square.

The square had a market of wooden stalls that at the time of their restoration were already very deteriorated and with few of them dedicated to sale.

Under the square are the foundations of the Roman Circus of Valencia.

The prosperous Valencian bourgeoisie lived in this street in the mid-19th century. Since then its architecture has been modified little, keeping a lot of it until today.

Antonio Aparisi y Guijarro was born in this street in 1815. This lawyer from the Traditionalist Party, in his writings attacked liberalism, democracy and, above all, Krausism.

In this street is the building that was the Hospital of Poor Priests, whose purpose was to give assistance to the needy priests of the city. The building is configured around an arcaded cloister with ceramic panels. The year of its foundation seems to have been 1356.

In one of its rooms, San Luis Beltrán died in 1581.

In 2003, after a reform, it recovered its residential function, now serving as a center for the elderly.

The church of the Miracle, of medieval origin, acquires its current configuration during the 17th-18th centuries. The church is accessed through the simple cover of the image, in which a French Gothic-style Virgin stands out, a copy of an original that is kept in the Cathedral Museum.

This church was completed in 1261 and is the oldest preserved church in Valencia. Since 1987 he has belonged to Opus Dei.

The Knights of Saint John of the Hospital of Jerusalem participated in the conquest of Valencia with Jaime I and the latter, in 1238, donated the land on which there was a mosque to said Order so that his church could be built.

© 2024 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm