This building was designed as a maritime station by Federico Gómez de Membrillera. His style is French-inspired (remember the Lyon station in Paris).

It was badly damaged during the Civil War due to the constant bombardment of the port. Rebuilt in 1940, it was used as a post office and telegraph office. Rehabilitated again in 1985, it is currently used for temporary exhibitions.

These sheds of the port of Valencia were built by José María Fuster and Fausto Élio. Its structure is metallic for the most part. They stand out for their modernist decoration in the side buildings, with reliefs alluding to commerce and navigation, and mosaics with fruits.

The stone pier was not built until 1685 and consisted of a simple boardwalk that jutted out into the sea. Until then it was made of wood and the transport was carried out to the coast with boats, these brought the goods from the ships located out to sea. But it was not until 1852 when the modern port started.

From 1903 to 1918 the fence that separated the streets of Grao and Cabañal from the port, the sheds, and the royal staircase were built.

In the 20th century, the port continued to grow to the south and east, destroying the Nazareth beach.

This marina was built in 2007 for the 32nd America's Cup, turning the inner dock of the port of Valencia into a marina. It is located between the commercial port and the Arenas beach. Today it is a leisure area with restaurants, bars and nightclubs.

The direction of the works of the Veles i Vents (Sails and Winds) building was carried out by Antonio Gomis Bernal. The building was conceived as a large viewpoint and is made up of four horizontal platforms with large cantilevered terraces. The ground floor and the first are for public use.

These shipyards were completed in 1391. Each section is 50 m long. and a width of 13.20 m. These medieval ships for the construction of ships are, today, separated from the port by tall buildings.

In 1840 the shipyards were privatized, some arches were bricked up and destroyed. In 1980 it became municipal property, being restored during the years 1986-1993 and starting a new phase as an exhibition hall.

© 2022 | EverythingValencia. Diseño web: Xinxeta
Address
Los Olivos Lima - Peru
Phone
51 000-0000
Mail
info@localhost.xyz
Horary
Mon - Sat 9am to 8pm